Thursday, December 15, 2011

santa baby

Today I want to repost one of my old favorites...this was first posted about this time last year...for those of you who haven't read it, I hope you will enjoy it.  For those of you who have been with me long enough to have seen this the first time around, I hope you will indulge me.  I'm a grammy who is crazy about her grandkids, and this post is close to my heart.  I hope you enjoy every moment in the life of your child or grandchild.  Moments pass quickly into memories.  ~cath xo


santa babies
This has got to be one of my more emotional blogs...not because I am going to spill my guts about anything, but because I have been looking at photos of the grandkids with Santa. 


jack 2005

maddie and dunc 2005

For the past 5 years their parents have been spending what I considered a waste of time and effort to "see Santa" and have that inevitable photo op with him holding the kids, sometimes unwillingly.  As I was looking through the photos and saw the change in them, from baby to toddler to school age children, I realized I was being a scrooge, and that I was glad no one had ever asked my opinion about seeing Santa. 




jack age 3

It is fun looking at the photos, but also a bit heart wrenching to see how much they have grown in 5 years.  So I decided to share my Santa baby photos with you all.  Not because you care, but because I do.  As they say here in the south, every cow licks its own calf, and I think my little calves are worth the extra licks!

maddie and dunc 18 months old














jack age 4

You'll notice that the twins were terrified of Santa at the age of 18 months.  Even now, they aren't crazy about seeing him, but they believe that if they don't make that trip to that man in the red suit, then he will bypass their house.  Even though no one in the family ever told them that.  I think they are hedging their bets, just in case.

Notice too the serene look of happiness on Jack's face in EVERY photo.  No terror there, just the look of a little boy who knows Santa will be coming no matter how he has behaved...I think that displays extreme confidence for a child.  I also noticed in every photo of Jack that Santa has a death grip on him...maybe that has something to do with his cooperation...

dunc and maddie age 3 1/2





This photo of  Dunc and Maddie begins the series of "I'm pasting on this grin but I really just want to get the heck out of here" Santa photos...I blame this look on their memory of the year above when they were 18 months old...don't let anyone ever tell you kids don't remember stuff from childhood...I have photographic evidence to disprove that theory...

jack age 5








I can imagine Jack having the same look on his face when he is 30, although I would never suggest he would sit on Santa's lap at that age...that would make me sound like a grammy-pervert.


maddie and dunc age 5
 Also, Santa doesn't realize it, but Jack has the flu in this photo.  I knew he was sick when Jim took him to see Santa last night, and a trip to the doctor on the way home to his mom today confirmed it...flu a and b...hope Santa isn't bedridden by next Friday night, or Dunc and Maddie may be living their worst nightmare on Saturday morning...no toys from Santa, just an IOU.

john age 7 months

Last but not least, our newest Santa baby, John.  John is Jack's little brother, and he's a happy fellow.  John has no idea who the man in the red suit is...but give him a year or two and he'll be in full Santa swing.

I am throwing some of my other favorite photos of the kids in, just because.  If you are sick of looking at them by the time you get to this point, feel free to escape.  I'm staying for the finale...

And HO, HO, HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and may you relive many happy memories as you add new ones this holiday season!

jack, maddie and dunc 2006


maddie and dunc 2007



maddie, jack and dunc 2005




12 comments:

  1. Well done Cath! It was a pleasure to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks babydoll...hard to believe how they've grown eh?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question is... in the Jack Age 3 photo, is Santa wearing a zebra tie!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well now Miss Eagle Eye Kath, I believe there is a bit of zebra floating around in a swirl of red and green ribbon... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me cry and appreciate my kids even though they are now at the teenager stage.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PCN I look back at my kids and wish I could have just one more Christmas with them at this age...those were the days! But I can relive it through the grandkids at least! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sherry thanks Sherry! I am a bit prejudiced though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those kids! And their Grammy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Vix and those kids and their Grammy love you too Auntie Bix.

    ReplyDelete