Thursday, February 3, 2011

strange bedfellows

I have to say that in 40 years of marriage, some of the funniest, weirdest, and most disturbing conversations have happened in our bedroom.  Case in point, last night we were getting ready for bed.  Steve is an up with the chickens and to bed with the sunset kind of guy.  I am a night owl, have been since I was a kid.  I used to stay up reading or painting most of the night while everyone slept, knowing mom would have me up with the sisters and I would be in sleep deprivation for the day.  But it was just my nature and I couldn't change it.

Except last night, because I had only about 4 hours sleep the night before, I was tired.  So I decided to go to bed when Steve did.  Which was a mistake.  Because we had the following conversation:

Steve is talking, LOUDLY, about how cold he is. I tell him that's what he gets for sleeping in his drawers. That is when he decides to be witty...he thinks...
He says "how do you know I'm not naked?"
I say "because you always sleep in your drawers."
He says "how do you know? You can't see under the covers."
I say "because even blind without my glasses I can see that big white spot go around the end of the bed to the bathroom at night."
And he (being him), says something obscene because he has no good comeback.
And I (being me), snorts in disgust and laughs in disbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment