Saturday, April 11, 2015

sisterhood award and odds and ends about me

Recently (well, it's been longer than I realized) Janine Ripper (Reflections From a Redhead) nominated me for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.  It's been a while since I participated in this kind of blogging camaraderie, and I have been working off and on to complete this for several weeks, as I adjust to a new job and some personal things going on in my life.  Here are my thoughts and answers to Janine's well thought out questions.  Thank you for thinking of me Janine!

Blogging is, for most people, an intensely personal experience.  It is like wearing your underwear on the outside of your clothes.  You feel exposed, worried, and anxious that your underwear will hold up against the scrutiny of the world.  It is also, in my belief, a form of self therapy.  By talking about things you feel strongly about, or have experienced, you go through a cathartic effect, and this helps you to better understand yourself.

So today I will experience catharsis as I reveal a bit about the me in Just My Thoughts.
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because of a compulsive need to share a wonderful experience with my great niece and my sister (her Grammy).
2. What do you love about getting older? I still make mistakes, but I make fewer.  That must mean I have learned a bit from life as I have aged.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?  Probably England, on a hill overlooking the sea, where I would drink tea and paint or take photographs all day.  (This comes from my obsession with Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, which I first read when I was about 10.
4. Kids or no kids? There is no right or wrong answer.  For me, kids.  Can't imagine my life without them.  Because of them, I have something better than kids.  I have (drumroll) GRANDKIDS.
5. Where do you want to take your blog in the future?  My blog started out with a desire to share a family experience, published on the internet so that family would have access to it.  From there it went to the desire to record (mostly) family experiences, so that my grand kids would have something to remember when they get older and have grand kids of their own. I feel very passionate about leaving something tangible behind for my grands, so that the thread of love I feel for them will be their for their kids and grands to read and experience.  Having written for almost 5 years now, I have begun to feel the need to record more of my photography and haiku poetry for them.  This is the other side of me.  So I see my blog having more posts in the future aimed toward sharing my painting, photography and poetry.  I would still throw in an occasional blog post about a hot topic or current event/news.  My blog is always going to be eclectic.  It is the way I am.
6. Are you a folder or a scruncher?  A scruncher until the Catholic guilt takes over and then I fold as my mum taught me to...and say a couple Hail Marys to atone for the slip up.
7. What are you most grateful for?  Truly grateful?  For waking up in the morning, and starting each day as an opportunity to grow and learn.  I always wake up wondering....what's next?  
8. What are you most looking forward to in 2015?  I have a new job, some new training that may lead in another direction at the same time, and endless possibilities to experience new things.
9. What’s your favourite song? Why not share the you tube clip?  I have no single favorite song, but the one sticking in my mind right now, that I heard recently and downloaded is this one.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Ice cream...specifically Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Now it's taken me so long to reply to Janine she has probably thought I'd forgotten this lovely award. It was hard to choose who to nominate because I know so many awesome bloggers, but I chose a few and hope you will have a look at their blogs.  

So I am nominating:
Jerened's Blog who always leaves me feeling calm and centered

Joy and Mary, two other people who are part of my PBAU family:
Catharsis down to earth advice and life skills from a smart woman
The Adventures of Cilgin Kiz a woman with a true spirit of adventure

and a few blogs that are part of my PBAU family, and new to me:

Here are the ten questions:
1. How do you deal with stress?
2. Why did you write?
3. What do clouds mean to you?
4. Your favorite comfort food?  And why?
5. Do you have a favorite quote? 
6. Name one person who influenced your life and briefly tell why.  (Alive or dead.)
7. What one thing in your life would you change if you could?
8. Your favorite color and why?
9. Where would you live if you had a choice?  Why would you live there?
10. Why smile?


...life is good. ~cath
find me @jonesbabie on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment