Friday, March 25, 2011

clouds got in my way

Clouds.  Illusions in the sky.  Magic moments of whimsy floating by, constantly changing. 

I spend a lot of time looking at clouds.  The things I see in clouds bring me peace, an utter silence in my soul that refreshes my spirit and fills me with calm.

This has been a week of turmoil.  Of worry, just trying to get through the days.  Of exhaustion.  Moment by moment I felt myself slipping away, unable to center myself.

Then I looked at the sky.  Driving home, I looked up.  The clouds were wind whipped and forming shapes that seemed at once like old familiar faces, with new expressions forming and changing from second to second.

And as I drove, I felt something happening.  Fatigue and stress were disappearing as I looked at the clouds.  I began to think of the song by Joni Mitchell, a song that has meant a lot to me over the years, something I often sing to myself when I am troubled.  And I kept glancing up as I sang softly to myself, watching the clouds change.

When I reached home I found myself leaping out of my car and racing to capture the clouds before night hid them from view.  It was a wonder filled moment.  Watching the clouds was like looking at the face of God.  Communion for my spirit, it buoyed me in ways nothing else could. 


I am wishing you a weekend of peace, of strengthening and cleansing for whatever troubles your spirit.  And a week to come of happiness and balance.


...I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's clouds illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all...
~joni mitchell



...cath xo


Have to post the Joni Mitchell version I love...enjoy...xoxo


Post a Comment