Wednesday, March 16, 2011

huh?

When I get ready for work in the mornings I often listen to the news on the television as I get ready...if it is something visual then I usually run to the TV to see what is being discussed or reported.  Steve sits in his recliner just around the corner about six feet from me.  If he thinks it is really good, he will holler at me "you need to come see this!" and I run like a turkey to see.  Sometimes.

This morning as I was listening, I heard a commercial come on about hearing aids.  A newfangled kind that is small, waterproof, and not embarrassing to wear.

I say in a very loud tone of voice to Steve:
"IF YOUR HEARING GETS ANY WORSE, WE ARE GOING TO GET ONE OF THOSE FOR YOU!"

Steve replies:
"HUH?"

I say:
"I REST MY CASE!"

Steve hollers back:
"I COULDN'T HEAR YOU."

At this point I go stand in front of him and make disgusted noises in the back of my throat. 

Steve looks at me, clueless.

Addendum to this post:
Yesterday, on the way home from the airport, Jim and Steve told me about Jack's latest ploy to stop at McDonald's so he could eat (and play).  He said he works there.  (Jack is six.)  So what?  Nothing new to that.  Well, evidently he's been promoted.  He no longer cleans the floors he said.  He cooks there now.

He still didn't win that argument. 

Mostly because he was outnumbered by two hungry men who didn't want a Happy Meal for dinner.  They'd fight over the toys.


2 comments:

  1. yah Dawn and I'd hate to have to smack two grownups in front of Jack. :D

    ReplyDelete