|the first alyssum blossoms of the season|
2. Never try dry shampoo on red hair. Especially right before attending a public function. Red hair + dry shampoo (which is white) = pink hair. Only not in a good way. More like old lady pink hair.
3. Artificial nails go on much easier than they come off.
4. No matter how smart you think you are, an 8 year old is smarter. And they know it.
5. Laughter cures all ills. Except a sore toe. That takes drugs. Lots of them.
6. If you are the last one to pour a glass of wine from the wine bottle, no one will know you lick the drip off the lip of the bottle. Unless you leave lipstick marks behind.
7. If you plant your shorter flowers in the back of the flowerbed, and the taller ones in front, the short flowers will genetically mutate and grow taller. Because flowers are vain and want to be seen.
8. When you miss your sisters the most, or you are in a tough spot in life, they know it and call or text you. And that makes everything better. Every single time.
9. Plants and trees make good therapists. And they don't charge you or tell you stupid stuff.
10. Grand kids grow as fast as their parents did. Which is sad, because it is too fast. Always. The blink of an eye and they go from babies to people.
And the best lesson I have learned, or been reminded of actually, is that strength comes from within me. No one can touch it, or take it away. I may misplace it sometimes, but it is right there in my center, waiting for me to return and claim it.
...life is good. ~cath
find me @jonesbabie on Twitter