Friday, December 9, 2011

shades of day -my moment


                           frigid air of night
                                                dark light shadowing as day
                                                             
                                                          ...moonfoolish dogs howl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Last night I was out for the first time with my tripod, freezing as I tried to capture a glorious full moon night.  I have an obvious lack of technical skill in these photos, but I hope to convey the surreal feeling of standing in the yard, looking at a sky that was as bright as day.  Jet streams could easily be seen and the light threw shadows on the ground that were almost as distinct as midday.  I hope you enjoy my little offering today, as well as the night sky wherever you live.  Bundle up, and step outside.  Look up.  And experience the moment.


~cath
Twitter @jonesbabie
Post a Comment