Monday, March 14, 2011

and so life gets in the way...

My post a day following a prompt from NaBloPoMo was going along fairly well until yesterday.  Life got in the way and life always comes first, before writing, or painting, or photography.

So I spent yesterday dealing with life, and the day was gone before I realized it.  I always keep things in perspective though, and family always comes first.  So I shrug my shoulders as I write this, and promise to try again next month.  Until then, I post when I can, as often as I can fit it into my life.

I have learned several things while discovering this world of the blogger.  The main thing I have discovered is that I have learned better self discipline.  That is a good thing.  My family calls me an airhead, and not without reason, because I tend to always have my thoughts out in the clouds.  Blogging has also taught me to focus my thoughts into words.  This blog is just my thoughts, but I never want it to become "the boring ramblings of..." and so I spend a lot of time composing what I will write in my mind before I sit down to put it into text. 

The type of blog post I write depends a lot on my mood, as I am sure you have deduced.  But variety can be good, and even though I envy bloggers who have a single theme and are experts at what they write, that could never be me, because I have interests in too many areas.  So I hope you bleaders will stick with me, as I share my thoughts...

Today my sister and I went for a drive through some of the most beautiful countryside ever created by God.  And I took these photographs and would like to share them:












































17 comments:

  1. it was a beautiful day Julie, and I just love my hipstamatic iPhone app...I got some wonderful photos with BG too that I will be posting soon in Flickr... thanks for the comment sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pics.... and we all appreciate a rainbow of topics to read about.. it shows u r real :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vikkp, I appreciate the comments, and will always be just me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Barbara, photography for me is like looking at the world through God's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't believe ya blew it. pfffffffft.
    LOL, Life must always come first Cath, or you totally miss the point of being here on earth. While I missed your little diatribes, it made we wait with baited breath for the next morsel of wisdom. Much like Christmas Morning. Your blogs are savoured by me.. like a fine wine. And we both know that too much of a good thing ain't good. huggggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. And so life gets in the way… but life does come first, yes it does. I could never blog daily, and do well to post weekly. The whole process seems to take an inordinate amount of time. But like you said, the self-discipline is good. The main thing is to update every once in a while so our readers won’t think they’ve lost us.

    Love those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep Dawn, I did. But the funny thing is that I didn't feel disappointed. I think as long as I stay true to me, and what I am trying to accomplish, then the occasional stumbling block is just a hiccup. So this month, I hiccuped. And then went on...thanks for being you girlfriend...I wait for your comments with as much anticipation as you wait for blog posts...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Debra...and I agree with you. Life is for the living, and if you live for the telling, then you miss the whole point. I never thought when I started this whole blog thing that anyone would read, beyond my family (I've been writing this stuff for years for them). So I am still quite shocked when someone new makes a comment...and love it.

    Thanks for the comment...I love photos too, which is why most of my posts have photos stuck in them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures Cathy!! I just love the colors and the lushness of spring in Cali!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you were there sister, and saw it firsthand with me...yes it was a beautiful drive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photographs are heavenly. I love your posts and I don't have to have a post a day to keep following you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Dawn
    What can I say to that Dawn except that I love you and appreciate every single comment and your support.
    xoxo cath

    ReplyDelete