Wednesday, May 4, 2011

being kreativ

Being kreativ isn't easy.  In fact sometimes I feel like I am scraping the inside of my brain and it's empty.  Add to that a new set of responsibilities at work that have me feeling drained at the end of the day, and a prompt I decided to take on this month (to blog every day), and you have a recipe for total brain washout. 

Last week I was awarded the Kreativ Blogger award by not one but two people.  They have blogs I love to read. 

One is fairly new to me, To Gyre and Gambol, by Thom Brown, who has some wonderful things to say, but what really blew me away was the time lapse photography of a tree outside his office, set to some beautiful music by Rod McDonald .  Don't think it sounds very interesting?  Then check this out and see if you feel the same after watching it...I saved it so that I could watch it in the mornings with my first cup of tea.

The other is one I have been reading for a longer time, Hajra Kvetches!, by Hajra.  This is one of my favorites.  She is witty, with a sense of humor that knows no cultural boundaries, and we connected from the very first comment I posted on her blog.... 

So I felt very honored to receive these awards.  The "rules" are that you pass it on to ten bloggers, and tell ten things about yourself.

Now since I won it twice, does that mean I have to do double duty?  Well I could easily find 20 blogs of note, because I read over 50 blogs on a fairly regular basis...I spend a lot of time reading.  Blogs have been an eye opener for me.  They have touched my heart, made me think, made me angry at times, and I have loved every minute I have spent reading them.  But as far as 20 things about myself, I don't think I am that interesting or complex...not 20 lines worth.  

SO I will share 10...but I encourage you to look at my blogroll, and check out the other blogs I read.  In fact, if you travel around blogs...one of the best ways to get to know a blog writer is by what they read, and I have clicked my way through some wonderful links.

So without further ado, I will list five blogs tonight, and five tomorrow night, in no particular order:

1. Hipstamatic World  Because I love my iPhone Hipstamatic app, and follow this anonymous fellow on Facebook...awesome community of photographers and photos.
2. Dirty Footprints Studio  The art and artist (Connie) is amazing....
3. Enter the Between  Margaret Duarte is on a writer's journey to publication and gives some excellent advice along the way for other writers.
4. Aaron Outward  On a remarkable journey back to health, Aaron discovered a love of photography which has sustained him on his journey....and is well worth reading, with stunning photographs for the eye...
5. Best Posts of the Week by BettyL...now it may seem strange to include a blog that lists blogs, but the uniqueness of this one is you submit your own blog to the list.  What is an easier way to sample blogs and find a variety of things to read?  Give it a try.

Now five little tidbits about me:
1. I sleep with Darth Vadar.  He says I snore.  I tell him shut up, the force is with me, and if he wants to survive to wake up, stop telling lies about me.
2. I trip and fall.  A lot.  And I have the cracked teeth and (slightly) scarred upper lip to prove it.
3. I have a deep, penetrating fear of going blind.
4. I can't shut up when I see someone mistreating another person.  I truly love people, and have been known to get in people's faces (that are bigger than me) to protect the more vulnerable.  I believe to the toes of my soul that we ARE our brother's keeper.
5. I rarely cry, and have been like this since I was a child.  When I do cry, I am usually mad.  I shed the soft tears when I am alone, or when someone catches me crying.

That is it for tonight, sweetboogerbloggers.  I'll finish this list tomorrow when I have recovered some brain cells....thanks for your patience on my post, Thom and Hajra.  The blogs that take the most thought are the ones I mull around in my head for a while, and this was one....

I hope everyone grabs a few minutes with their morning coffee, or nighttime wine, to check out the blogs I have posted.  And take a few extra minutes to comment if you like them.  We don't all like all blogs.  And that's ok too.  It is what makes the world interesting after all.  Variety...it is the spice of life.

xo and over and out...
~cath

4 comments:

  1. Dear Cath, you have a deep penetrating fear of going blind because you love to read! And because reading (and writing) make you tick.
    I’m with you: we ARE our brother’s keeper.
    I’ll check out the blogs with which I’m not already familiar.
    And one more thing: Congratulations on the Kreativ Blogger award!
    Love and blessings
    ~ Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Debra: your comment sounded like my sister Debra wrote it. And yes, you are exactly in target about why I fear losing my sight! :D Thank you for the well wishes. I always enjoy and appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It is so difficult to come up with fav 10, right? I see we have a lot in common! I trip and fall too...my dad calls me a name in Urdu that somewhat translates as "Smash, break Hajra"
    and I can't cry often too, people joke that my tear ducts are all dried up! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hajra: You are so right! I have had a horrendously busy week, and my throat is killing me, but I got it done! Thanks again for giving it to me, and I love that we have so much in common Hajra...I don't feel so alone in the world now :D

    ReplyDelete