Sunday, May 29, 2011

grammy and the flyflap

This has been another weekend of life lessons learned.  For me.  For Maddie.  And especially for Jack.
I learned:
If you spray Scrubbing Bubbles on the shower walls then climb in naked and wipe the walls down with an old rag, you can then wash (with a clean puff, not that old rag) while still standing in said shower.

End result: a sparkling clean shower, and sparkling clean mmm....self.  Two tasks done and dusted in one step.  Sort of.




Maddie learned:
Girls are strong.  And boys are lazy.  Especially if those boys are your cousin and your brother.


Jack learned the importance of the order you don  your clothes and accessories:

The helmet always goes on first.  Even if your grammy and gramps are laughing at you wearing only your underwear and helmet.  You don't give an inch.  Because every 6 year old knows what is important in life.

I also learned:
You can stop a whining kid tattling on another kid dead in their tracks with a flyflap:
Jack: Maddie just hit me in the head with the light saber!
Me: Come here and I'll hit you with the flyflap. (sotto voce)
Jack: What?!
Me: Come here and I will hit you with the flyflap.
Jack: But Maddie hit me with the light saber!
Me: Come here and I will hit you with the flyflap.
Jack: Why you gonna hit me with the flyflap?  Maddie hit me with the light saber!
Me: Because when I hit you with the flyflap, it will make you forget all about that tap with the light saber.  Because tattle tales get hit with fly flaps.
Jack: (BIG eyes and silence.  Then he turned and walked quietly away)

*Grammy wins again*

Jack looks sad to be leaving doesn't he? 

This was the last lesson he learned today:

There are no McDonalds' on the way home from my house.




Here endeth the lesson.
Post a Comment