Hajra Kvetches sent me a comment on a post telling me she was sharing the Versatile Blogger Award she had received with me. It is a unique award, shared from one blogger to another for no other reason than that you like the blog. I've checked out a few of the recipients, and it is quite a diverse collection of blogs.
The catch is that I have to share this with 7 bloggers, and tell 7 things about myself. Rather than rattle on I am just going to jump in with the stuff about me. Brace yourselves; this is stuff I don't normally share.
1. I am obsessive at times. That is bad. I have learned over the years to recognize it and can control the obsessiveness before it takes over my whole being. Case in point: I had this cute little twirly globe rotating on my blog, showing where my readers were located, along with a stat counter. One day I realized I was checking that little globe and stat counter way too often, to the point of sneaking into the bathroom at work with my iPhone to check it. So I deleted them.
2. I love my four grandkids more than my own life. Seriously, I was reborn when they arrived.
3. I am a procrastinator of the first water. I put other procrastinators to shame. I have come within a hair of causing my husband to have heart failure because of my procrastination. Example: I've been working on my income taxes for over a week. In fact I should be finishing them up right now instead of typing this.
4. I keep my desk very neat and am totally organized at work. At home? Well we don't call the computer room the Wreck Room for no reason. I don't iron. If it can't be fluffed and worn straight out of the dryer, I don't own it. We also eat our groceries straight from the bag because I don't cook.
5. I am a good listener. One day my sister was visiting and saw me listening to a woman in Wal Mart tell me her whole legal history and problems. She asked who the woman was when she left. I had no idea, I'd never seen the woman before. Maybe that is why I work in mental health. Good listening is a must.
6. I am a speed reader. I comprehend most of what I read. Sure helps since I follow 50+ blogs.
7. I have a dark side no one knows about. Not one single living person.
Now for the bloggers that make life so interesting, and who've taught me so much:
1. Jerene Dunn (@JereneD on Twitter) at Jerened's Blog ...the first blog I ever read...
2. Josie at Josie Speaks Up... ...and she sure does, on her life and lessons she's learned...
3. Karen at A Blog Day Afternoon ...she has a keen sense of observation, and humor too
4. Eileen at Ferocious Introvert ...for the artist in me, this blog is sheer heaven to read
5. LaRae Lobdell (@laraelobdell on Twitter) at Photosister ...a professional photographer, dedicated to photo sisters all over
6. Kathy at One Day You're Making Pizza ...her style is adult and honest, as she examines her life
7. Mary at The Adventures of Cilgin Kiz ...her tongue-in-cheek look at traveling, with some beautiful photography
Those are my picks, and it wasn't easy. There are so many excellent blogs out there, that I sometimes find myself intimidated. But we all come to the community for a reason, and those reasons are as varied as the blogs we all write. I hope you will give all these blogs a look, and if you enjoy any of them, leave a comment. No one wants to write into a void.
And for you bloggers, consider disabling that annoying little security word. There is nothing to fear from spam, and to be honest, since I disabled mine, I haven't had any problems. It makes it so much easier for the commenters. Try it. You'll like it.
Thanks to Hajra for sharing this award with me. It's the first one I have received, and I appreciate that she thought of me.
Happy Reading and Blogging!
follow me on Twitter- @jonesbabie