Tuesday, November 2, 2010

seasons


The air is crisp here in the south.  When that happens, it is a signal that the summer heat and humidity have ended for another year.  I always say we live three inches from hell during the summer in the south, and it sure feels like it.  Especially when the air is thick with humidity and you can feel it laying on your skin like a winter coat.

But today the air is fresh and the trees have turned.  When the seasons change, it makes me a little melancholy.  Another season in my life over, never to return.  Did I savor it?  Did I make the most of every minute.  Probably not.  Life and seasons have a way of slipping past, unnoticed until they are gone. 

But I also feel excitement.  A new season, new possibilities.  A beginning.  And all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment