Saturday, January 22, 2011

shot down in one sentence

You see that face?  She looks like an angel doesn't she?  But don't let that face fool you...she is a cunning imp of a five year old.  And she shows no mercy.
Lying in bed with Maddie last night, we were watching cartoons for a few moments before going to sleep.  For some reason, instead of SpongeBob Squarepants, she wanted to watch retro cartoons.  So we ended up on the Flintstones.  I thought this would be a wonderful opportunity to share a bit of my past, all warm and touchy feely.  And then, being an addicted blogger, I could share the touching moment with my bleaders.

This is how the conversation actually went:

Maddie: I like the Flintstones.
Me: Did you know this was made in 1962, when I was a little girl about 10 years old?
Maddie: How old are you now?
Me: I'm 58 (I'm really getting geared up for some deep conversation with my girl at this point).
Maddie: WOW! that IS an old cartoon!!!

I had nothing else to say.  In one sentence she dusted me.  I was done.

So much for a touching blog story that could have brought tears to your eyes.
Post a Comment